Saturday, May 06, 2006

Yet another new (for me) digital toy

Well, I'm typing this on two computers. Sound strange? yea it is, and pointless for the moment. I have begun playing with RealVNC which allows me to view and control another computer from my own. So... I'm testing it out by blogging through the family computer (downstairs) from my computer (in my bedroom) I think it's super. Although so far I have not been successful in getting it to work completely remotely (on computer not on the same network) but I'm figuring it out.

you can find the program or one like it at the following sites:

TightVNC (the smaller freer version that is good for slower connections)
RealVNC (as the name should imply this is the real version which is a bit less free)

well, I'm done for now
goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home